TOP 10 Facts About Your Retainers!
TOP 10 things you should know about your new retainers!
- Two months after you receive your retainers, we'll see you for one last appointment. This is covered under the original fee.
- Retainers DON'T shrink; if yours did, it was likely due to insufficient wear.
- Dogs love retainers, they will eat them if you leave them laying around.
- It is FALSE if you believe you have ever heard someone in our office say, "You can stop wearing your retainers now."
- Let us know if you lose a retainer as soon as possible! Do not wait until your teeth begin to shift before calling us.
- We understand accidents happen, however, there will be a fee to repair or replace the retainers.
- DON’T chew on your retainers.
- If your retainer is not in your mouth, always place it in the case. The school cafeteria or in a napkin are the best places to lose a retainer.
- Brush your retainer every morning with a little toothpaste to keep it clean. You could also use Efferdent or Retainer Brite. Do not clean retainers in boiling water. If it’s too hot for your mouth, it’s too hot for the retainers. They will melt.
- Conclusion: There is no such thing as permanent correction without permanent retention. That means that you must wear your retainer for as long as you would like your teeth to stay straight. Night time for a lifetime!
- For all future appointments, kindly bring your retainers. Please give us a call at (703)356-8781 schedule your next appointment!